The Abia State Unbiased Electoral Fee has launched the timetable and scheduled of occasions resulting in the Native Authorities election within the state.
The election is scheduled to carry in 17 LGAs and 292 wards of the state on December 18, 2020.
Political events have been instructed by the Chairman of ABSIEC, Prof Mkpa Agu Mkpa to select curiosity type on September 14.
The fee mentioned election campaigns will finish on 16th Dec. 2020 whereas submission of ultimate listing/Nomination varieties by Political Events is on Thursday 10th December, 2020.
It added that candidates can withdraw nominations on Tuesday eighth Dec. – Wednesday ninth Dec. 2020.
The timetable and schedule of actions are as follows;
1. Assortment of varieties for Election by Political Events. 25th September, 2020
2. Conduct of Primaries by Political Events together with Decision of Disputes arising from Primaries. 21st September – 21st October 2020.
3. Submission of names of candidates to ABSIEC by Political Events. 29th October – 12th November, 2020
4. Screening of Candidates by ABSIEC. Monday 16th November – Friday 27th November 2020
5. Listening to of Enchantment / Complaints by Screening Committee. Wednesday 2nd Dec. – Thurs. third Dec. 2020
6. Alternative of unqualified Candidates and Screening of changed Candidates. Monday seventh Dec. 2020
7. Graduation of Marketing campaign by Political Events in Public. Friday 20th November, 2020
8. Coaching of Everlasting Employees of the Fee Monday 16th November – Wednesday 18th Nov. 2020
9. Coaching of Advert-hoc Employees. Monday 30th Nov. – Friday 4th Dec. 2020
10. Submission of names of Polling brokers for the Election to the Electoral officers of the LGA. Monday seventh Dec. – Friday 11th Dec. 2020
11. Return of Listing of candidates declared certified to contest Election. Friday 11th Dec. 2020
12. Announcement of Outcomes. Saturday 19th December 2020.