One other tragedy struck Lokoja, the Kogi State capital on Friday evening as a fireplace outbreak fully razed a multi-million naira digital store, known as Peelinks.
The unhappy incident is coming two days after no fewer than 23 individuals have been burnt to loss of life in a tanker explosion alongside Felele/Lokoja/Abuja freeway.
Eyewitness accounts advised DAILY POST on Saturday morning that the digital store was gutted by fireplace at about 11:50PM Friday as many residents watched helplessly.
The digital store is situated alongside Muritala Muhammed method, near GT Financial institution Junction, Lokoja.
Owned by one enterprise mogul, Peter Onujeme, the store was burnt to ashes as there was no firefighter or fireplace truck to quench the fireplace.
DAILY POST additional learnt that the workplace of the Federal Hearth Service, is a couple of meters away from the scene of the incident.
“The entire constructing was burnt down and items price thousands and thousands have been destroyed. What a pity. Someone’s hard-earned funding was fully destroyed by fireplace and no person and even the constituted authorities might come out to salvage the state of affairs. Now the proprietor is left with nothing. What’s the perform of the State and Federal Hearth Service in Kogi State?
“What’s extra worrisome is the absence of the fireplace companies to assist out anytime there’s a fireplace incidence. The latest episode is subsequently one too many.
“Every time their companies are wanted, it’s both they arrive out with one flimsy excuse or the order. Are you able to think about, have a look at the workplace of the Federal Hearth Service, only a stone’s throw to this digital store and this store nonetheless burnt down fully with none assist from them.
“This example is an unpleasant one as a result of we are able to recall that two days again, a tanker exploded in the identical Lokoja, Kogi State, claiming plenty of lives and properties and now this one is going on once more,” an eyewitness lamented.