Good morning! Right here is at present’s abstract from Nigerian Newspapers:
1. Barely 72 hours after suspected Boko Haram terrorists attacked officers of the Borno State authorities on their option to Baga from Monguno, the sect has struck once more.
The terrorist group ambushed the governor’s convoy whereas returning residence between Monguno and Maiduguri on Sunday.
2. The Federal authorities and the Nigerian Labour Congress have reached an settlement on electrical energy tariff and the deliberate industrial motion has been suspended.
The brand new settlement, in response to the Minister of Labour and Employment (State), Festus Keyamo entails the suspension of the brand new electrical energy tariff hike for 2 weeks.
3. The Inspector-Common of Police, Mohammed Adamu, has condemned the assault on the convoy of the Borno State Governor, Babagana Zulum, by Boko Haram insurgents final Friday.
Adamu, in an announcement signed by the Pressure spokesperson, DCP Frank Mba, on Sunday, mentioned he has directed the Assistant Inspector-Common of Police in command of the Police Medical Providers, Olubunmi Ogunsanwo, to work with the Commissioner of Police, Borno State Command, Bello Makwashi and the Police Well being Upkeep Organisation, in direction of making certain sufficient medical take care of the officers injured in the course of the assault.
4. The Peoples Democratic Social gathering (PDP) has condemned the contemporary assaults on two convoys of Gov. Babagana Zulum of Borno alongside Maiduguri Baga Street, by Boko Haram insurgents, ensuing within the dying of safety operatives connected to the governor.
The occasion in an announcement issued on Sunday in Abuja by its Nationwide Publicity Secretary, Mr Kola Ologbondiyan mentioned the repeated assaults on the governor in addition to the rising wave of terrorist assaults, was an indication of safety compromises and lapses within the nation.
5. Former governor of Anambra State, Mr Peter Obi, has known as on the federal authorities to accentuate efforts towards the rebel group, Boko Haram.
In a press launch by his media aide, Mr Val Obienyem, Obi urged the Federal Authorities to strengthen Nigeria’s safety structure and intensify efforts towards terrorism within the nation, describing the assault on Zulum, a serving governor as surprising.
6. The Kano State Hisbah Board has arrested 15 youngsters over alleged involvement in immoral acts in Kano Metropolis.
The Public Relations Officer of the board, Mallam Lawal Ibrahim, in an announcement on Sunday in Kano, mentioned the suspects have been apprehended on Sept. 20, round midnight at a membership recognized in Nassarawa Native Authorities Space (LGA) of the state.
7. The Defence Headquarters (DHQ) has introduced that 13 suspected Boko Haram members, alongside six girls and 17 youngsters from Kodila village have surrendered.
The sect members surrendered to troopers at Banki Junction in Bama Native Authorities Space of Borno State, in response to the Coordinator, Defence Media Operations, Main-Common John Enenche.
8. The Islamic group, Muslim Rights Concern (MURIC) has suggested the handlers of South-West safety outfit, Amotekun, to recruit Oodua Individuals’s Congress (OPC) members.
MURIC Director, Ishaq Akintola, in an announcement on Monday, mentioned OPC was the one recognized group that confronted the army in the course of the June 12 battle.
9. The previous Kano State Chief Choose, Justice Shehu Atiku, is useless.
Justice Shehu Atiku’s dying was confirmed by the spokesman of the Kano Judiciary, Baba Jibo Ibrahim.
10. Huge Brother Naija housemate, Laycon, on Sunday emerged the winner of the truth present.
Laycon emerged winner after scoring the best votes, defeating Dorathy, Nengi, Vee and Neo to covet the grand worth within the ‘lockdown version of the present.