Good morning! Right here is immediately’s abstract from Nigerian Newspapers
1. On Saturday evening, the Nigeria Centre for Illness Management (NCDC) introduced 453 new confirmed COVID-19 circumstances.
The brand new circumstances have been reported from 20 states: FCT (75), Lagos (71), Benue (53), Delta (39), Borno (30), Enugu (25), Plateau (24), Osun (20), Abia (19), Oyo (17), Kaduna (16), Kano (13), Ebonyi (13), Ogun (9), Kwara (7), Ondo (6), Gombe (3), Ekiti (2), Akwa Ibom (1) and Rivers (1). Bringing the overall within the nation to 46,140.
2. The previous lawmaker representing Ogun East Senatorial District, Senator Buruji Kashamu is lifeless.
Kashamu died of COVID-19 at First Cardiology Consultants in Lagos on Saturday and will probably be buried immediately in accordance with Islamic rites by 12 midday.
3. Gunmen at about 8:25 pm on Saturday, kidnapped the Warri North Native Authorities Council Chairman, Mr. Aduge Okorodudu.
The gunmen, who waylaid the sufferer’s automobile, whisked the LG boss and fled in the direction of Ovwian Space in Udu Native Authorities.
4. The quick previous Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Social gathering (PDP) in Enugu State, Hon. Augustine Nnamani, has been reelected as Chairman of the Social gathering alongside different 38 members of the State Executives (EXCO) of the celebration throughout a peaceable State Congress, held on the Michael Okpara Sq., Enugu, on Saturday.
The Congress which was performed in strict compliance with the COVID-19 protocol and monitored by the Impartial Nationwide Electoral Fee (INEC), had in attendance, the Governor of Enugu State, Rt. Hon. Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi, his Deputy, Hon. Mrs. Cecilia Ezeilo, Senator Ike Ekweremadu, Senator Chukwuka Utazi and different members of the Nationwide Meeting from the State, Speaker of the State Home of Meeting, Rt. Hon. Edward Ubosi and his colleagues, the Council Chairmen and different celebration bigwigs who have been delegates.
5. In keeping with the job creation agenda of the Federal Authorities, the Vice President, Prof Yemi Osibanjo has reaffirmed authorities’s dedication in the direction of creation of 5 million jobs.
Osibanjo, who disclosed this over the weekend in the course of the Digital Presidential Coverage Dialogue Session organised by the Lagos Chamber of Commerce and Trade (LCCI), stated that the administration is targeted on offering extra jobs for Nigerians.
6. The Katsina State Police Command says it has killed eight suspected bandits in Batsari native authorities space of the state.
The Command’s Public Relations Officer, SP Gambo Isah, who disclosed this in an announcement on Saturday in Katsina, stated that on Aug. 6, the Divisional Police Officer (DPO) Batsari, led Operation Puff Adder to Zamfarawa village primarily based on a report that bandits numbering over 40, armed with AK 47 rifles attacked the village.
7. The Impartial Nationwide Electoral Fee (INEC), has introduced that it’ll not postpone the date of the Edo State governorship election slated for September 19.
Nationwide Commissioner and Chairman, Info and Voter Training, Festus Okoye, stated the fee won’t be disturbed by the threats of violence by political events and candidates.
8. A whole lot of Peoples Democratic Social gathering members in Bogoro Native Authorities Space of Bauchi State, the place a former Speaker of the Home of Representatives, Yakubu Dogara, hails from, have defected to the All Progressives Congress.
The APC Chairman in Bogoro Native Authorities Space, Haruna Rikaya, who welcomed the defectors on Saturday, stated they might be handled equally as APC members.
9. The governor of Kaduna State, Nasir El-Rufai, has stated he wouldn’t help a northern candidate for the presidency in 2023.
In keeping with him, the concept of zoning the presidential seat is essentially not constitutional, however is predicated on the nation’s political association which he believes needs to be revered.
10. Convention of Nigeria Political Events (CNPP) has informed President Muhammadu Buhari to name the nation’s safety chiefs to order.
The CNPP stated this whereas condemning the arrest of protesters within the nation, urging the safety businesses to cease militarising Nigerian youths.