Good morning! Right here is at present’s abstract from Nigerian Newspapers:
1. The Advance Nigeria Democratic Get together, ANDP, the political occasion on whose petition the Bayelsa State Governorship Election Tribunal sacked Governor Douye Diri, has distanced itself from the election petition. A faction of the occasion has emerged, saying it has no hand within the petition filed by King George, its governorship candidate. The faction is led by the Nationwide Publicity Secretary, Fortune Oyadoghan, the State Publicity Secretary, Charles Krotezi and the State Secretary, Pastor Sapiere Obi Euduakakpo.
2. Forward of the September 19 governorship election in Edo State, the Division of State Companies (DSS) has invited some prime leaders of the All Progressives Congress, APC, within the state. These inhibited are Tony Adun, aka Kabaka and 9 different leaders of APC for a peace assembly on Saturday. The assembly will maintain on the headquarters of the DSS’ in Edo state at No. 1, Court docket Street, Authorities Reservation Space (GRA), Benin.
3. The Impartial Nationwide Electoral Fee (INEC), on Friday, launched the ultimate record of candidates for the forthcoming governorship election in Ondo State. The governorship election is slated for October 10, 2020. Festus Okoye, the Nationwide Commissioner and Chairman, Data and Voter Schooling Committee, in an announcement, in Abuja, stated that 4 political events that earlier made legitimate nominations have substituted their candidates.
4. The Nigerian Senate Joint Committee on Finance and Nationwide Planning which is presently discussing 2021-2023 MTEF-FSP have found monetary fraud operating into billions of Naira within the Joint Enterprise association between State-owned tv, the Nigerian Tv Authority (NTA) and a Chinese language Satellite tv for pc Pay TV, StarTimes. The fraud got here to the general public glare on Friday as paperwork involving the events had been scrutinized with the invention that the Nigeria Tv Authority has not been remitting revenues into the Federation Account.
5. President Muhammadu Buhari has ordered the Chairman, Governing Council of the College of Lagos (UNILAG), Wale Babalakin and the Vice Chancellor, Oluwatoyin Ogundipe, to step apart. Ben Goong, Director of Public Relations, Federal Ministry of Schooling, stated this in an announcement on Friday. Babalakin and Ogundipe had been directed to recuse themselves from responsibility “pending the end result of the Particular Visitation Panel” arrange by the president.
6. Some unknown gunmen Friday night stormed Ikolaba police station in Ibadan, the Oyo State capital and killed a police officer. It was reported that the gunmen, after gaining entry to the police station killed one of many officers on responsibility. Report claims the gunmen caught the officers unaware as they shot sporadically into the station.
7. An plane belonging to Jedidiah Air on Friday crashed right into a fence on the Common Aviation Terminal (GAT), native wing of the Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos. The incident occurred whereas the King Air 200 jet with registration quantity 5N-HIS, was reparking on the tarmac near a facility utilized by Bristow Helicopters. The accident occurred on account of brake failure. In the meantime, there was no passenger on board and the pilot got here out unharmed.
8. Violent clashes have occurred in Ondo West Native Authorities Space of the state between supporters of the All Progressives Congress, APC and African Democratic Congress, ADC. That is coming 24 hours to the native council polls. Based on the Police Public Relations Officer of the state, ASP Tee-Leo Ikoro, the reason for the conflict is but to be ascertained, however that there have been many casualties on each side with most of the wounded already hospitalized. No fewer than fifteen vehicles had been additionally vandalized within the conflict.
9. The Nigeria Centre for Illness Management, NCDC, on Friday night time confirmed 340 new circumstances of Coronavirus in Nigeria. Statistics by NCDC revealed that new circumstances had been confirmed in 19 states throughout the nation. Kaduna has the best quantity with 63, adopted by the Federal Capital Territory, FCT, with 51 and Plateau State with 33.
10. The Presidency has launched the second-term achievements of President Muhammadu Buhari. It listed 35 insurance policies, programmes and initiatives together with the controversial Firms and Allied Issues Act, CAMA. Additionally listed as an achievement by the President is the 774 nationwide menial job creation and increment of Nationwide Youth Service Corps, NYSC, allowance.