Good morning! Right here is immediately’s abstract from Nigerian Newspapers
1. Armed bandits reportedly invaded Kurfi city in Kurfi Native Authorities Space of Katsina State, northwest Nigeria on Sunday evening.
Residents mentioned the bandits attacked the city when the residents have been getting ready for Isha’i prayers round 8:00pm.
2. The variety of confirmed COVID-19 instances in Nigeria at the moment stands at 46, 577, the Nigeria Centre for Illness Management, NCDC, mentioned after confirming new instances.
NCDC disclosed that Lagos State has the best variety of recent instances with 107, adopted by Abuja with 91 and Plateau State with 81.
3. The stays of Senator Buruji Kashamu have been laid to relaxation in line with Islamic rites.
At precisely 12:50pm on Sunday, the physique of the previous Ogun East Senator was lowered into the grave at his Ijebu-Igbo residence in Ogun State.
4. A former member of the Home of Representatives, Sunday Karimi, has urged the Edo State Home of Meeting to instantly begin impeachment technique of the state Governor, Godwin Obaseki.
The ex-lawmaker, who represented Yagba East, Yagba West/Mopa-Muro Federal Constituency of Kogi State within the Eighth Meeting, mentioned the governor had breached the structure by barring elected legislators within the state from being sworn-in to carry out their constitutional duties for 18 months.
5. The Lawyer Basic of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Abubakar Malami has written to President Muhammadu Buhari, explaining his wealth following requires his removing over corruption allegations.
The Minister within the letter knowledgeable the President that he owned profitable companies earlier than turning into a minister of the federation.
6. Adaze Enwanta, Particular Assistant to the Edo State Governor, Godwin Obaseki, has described the Thursday invasion of the State Meeting as treason.
The Governor’s aide additionally mentioned that the plan of the opposition was to create a disaster and lead the State right into a state of emergency in order that elections is not going to maintain.
7. The Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Wike, has insisted that Adams Oshiomhole, the previous Nationwide Chairman of the All Progressives Congress, APC, has no certificates.
Wike mentioned this whereas denouncing the claims by Oshiomhole that Godwin Obaseki, the candidate of the Peoples Democratic Occasion (PDP) within the forthcoming governorship election lacked required tutorial credentials to contest the September 19 ballot.
8. Chris Azebamwan, the Publicity Secretary of the All Progressives Congress, APC, in Edo State, has mentioned that the social gathering has no plan to question Governor Godwin Obaseki, describing such a transfer as a waste of time.
In line with Azebamwan, the APC will defeat Peoples Democratic Occasion, PDP, and its candidate, Governor Obaseki squarely and pretty within the forthcoming governorship election.
9. The Christian Affiliation of Nigeria, CAN, Kaduna State chapter, has challenged Christian leaders within the nation to lift their voices in opposition to the killings of Christians within the southern a part of the state.
The state CAN chairman, Rev. Joseph John Hayab, who made the decision on the second Sunday Christians interdenominational prayers and indoor protest over Southern Kaduna killings, enjoined Christian leaders all around the nation to talk up and never maintain quiet in opposition to the continued assaults and unwarranted killings in Kaduna South.
10. The Interim Administration Committee (IMC) of the Niger Delta Improvement Fee (NDDC) has decried N11.5bn non-essential contracts smuggled into its 2020 funds ostensibly by members of the Nationwide Meeting.
The Appearing Govt Director, Dr. Cairo Ojuogboh, mentioned the contracts have been for provide of desks and chairs to varsities within the Niger Delta area.