Good morning! Right here is right this moment’s abstract from Nigerian Newspapers
1. The US of America has imposed visa ban on politicians, who it claimed undermined the conducts of the November 2019 governorship elections in Kogi and Bayelsa States.
The spokesperson for the Division of State, Morgan Ortagus, who disclosed this in an announcement on Monday, mentioned these people whose identities weren’t revealed, operated with impunity on the expense of the Nigerian folks and have undermined democratic rules.
2. The Nigerian authorities on Monday introduced the reopening of all home airports within the nation.
This was disclosed by the Minister of Aviation, Hadi Sirika, through the each day briefing of the Presidential Taskforce (PTF) on COVID-19 in Abuja.
3. Convention of Nigeria Political Events (CNPP) has mentioned that each one is prepared for a mass motion in opposition to the President Muhammadu Buhari authorities.
The CNPP mentioned it has mobilised a coalition of civil society teams to affix labour actions such because the Commerce Union Congress, TUC and the Nigeria Labour Congress, NLC, to affix the protest in opposition to the current hike in patrol pump value and electrical energy tariff.
4. In an effort to keep away from flooding, the Ogun State Authorities has advised residents residing in flood-prone areas within the State to relocate because the rains are right here once more.
Among the affected native governments are Abeokuta South, Abeokuta North, Sagamu, Ifo, Obafemi Owode, Ijebu-Ode, Ado-Odo/Ota, Yewa South, Ogun Waterside and Ijebu East.
5. President Muhammadu Buhari has appointed 4 new Everlasting Secretaries into the Federal Civil Service.
The Head of the Civil Service of the Federation (HOCSF), Dr Folasade Yemi-Esan, who made this recognized in an announcement issued on Monday in Abuja, mentioned these appointed had been Mr Sule James from Kaduna, Mr Abubakar Ismaila from Kebbi, Mrs Patricia Roberts from Rivers and Mr Shehu Shinkafi from Zamfara State.
6. Some Nigerian States might quickly expertise blackouts following a sudden burst on the Kainji Hydroelectric Dam in Kainji.
The embankments of Kainji dam, certainly one of Nigeria’s hydro-power stations caved in after the opening of the 4 spillway gates to free surplus water attributable to heavy rains.
7. The Federal Highway Security Corps (FRSC) has confirmed the killing of two operatives on Monday by bandits.
Corps Public Schooling Officer, Assistant Corps Marshal Bisi Kazeem, who confirmed the incident in an announcement, added that ten different personnel had been kidnapped when gunmen attacked their buses en path to the FRSC Academy in Udi, Enugu State.
8. The Financial and Monetary Crimes Fee (EFCC) has arrested two lecturers of the Kwara State School of Well being Expertise, Offa, and 28 others for alleged web fraud.
The lecturers, Abdulahi Opashola and Adebisi Ademola, in accordance with Dele Oyewale, the EFCC spokesman, had been nabbed with automobiles, telephones, laptop computer computer systems, amongst others.
9. Boss Mustapha, the Secretary to the Authorities of the Federation (SGF) and Chairman of the Presidential Process Pressure (PTF) on COVID-19 has mentioned that the Minister of Labour and Employment, Dr. Chris Ngige, is making each effort to resolve all points and have the Joint Well being Sector Unions (JOHESU) name its members again to work.
He additionally famous that the PTF seen the current declaration of business motion by the JOHESU as somewhat unlucky and able to decreasing the beneficial properties and endangering extra lives amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
10. Healthcare staff on the College School Hospital (UCH), Ibadan, on Monday, joined the nationwide strike referred to as by the Joint Well being Sector Union (JOHESU).
The JOHESU Chairman, UCH Chapter, Mr. Adeolu Alli, mentioned the strike turned crucial after “an extended interval” — three years of ready on the Federal Authorities.